BodyLove through fashion, self-acceptance, fat-acceptance, anything and everything acceptance!

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Return of the Mac

Heeellllloooo! Sorry for the long time between posts! I always hate it when my blogs don't update regularly, and now I have become what I hate. For those of you who don't know, I am a teacher. This year I am coming off a leave of absence that I took to earn my masters degree full-time last year. So basically, I have not had a regular 9-5 job since June 2012. Getting back into the swing of things, including a school and grade level change has pretty much put me on my ass. But I have returned!

This past weekend it was ideal weather in DC and I just had to be outside. Some friends and I decided to walk around the Congressional Cemetery, which also doubles as a dog park. It was interesting, J. Edgar Hoover is buried there. I have been looking for an occasion to wear new shoes that my sister got me from ModCloth for my birthday, high-healed sneakers. I hearts them. I got the cardi from JCPenny's and the top is from Kohls - both part of my back-to-school shopping day. The jeans are INC from Macy's.



 
 
Last weekend, I was lucky enough to attend a bride/bro shower for my dear friend Josie. It was basically a couples party that involved hamburgers, spiked lemonade, miniature pies, and flip-cup. A recipe for perfection. I wore a blue knit shirt dress that I have had for a long time from Macy's. The bride, Josie is on the left and her sisters are Maggie and Emily to my right. Good looking family, am I right?
 

 
Promise I'll post again soon! Besos!
 

3 comments: