BodyLove through fashion, self-acceptance, fat-acceptance, anything and everything acceptance!

Monday, October 14, 2013

All quiet on the Megan front

Here is where I make more excuses for not posting, they include: not having a camera for a while, my computer crashing, being busy with work, etc.

I also think my lack of posts has something to do with the fact that I haven't been feeling like a fat-acceptance diva lately. Although my weight has been relatively stable since I began this blog (I think, I do not weigh myself or get weighed at the doctor's office) my feelings about my body/weight have been, well, meh.

Sometimes it is just exhausting to keep fighting and pushing up against all the messaging out there about how fat people are unhealthy, unattractive, and unlovable. I really wish I could find an in-person fat acceptance/fat postive community to be a part of. My blogs help, but seeing an awesome hot fatty in real life might be inspiring as well. Any readers out there in the DC area?

Making something public that is difficult for me helps to remove shame and/or stigma. I know this is a bump in my life-long body acceptance journey and I wanted to share it. I plan to be back this week with some outfit posts!

How do you keep postive when so much pushes back?

Megan

3 comments:

  1. I've been trying to surround myself with body positive images and remove all the negative. Such as: I'm not watching the Biggest Loser ever again; immediately remove/unfollow all fitspo things that sneak onto my Pinterest board or Twitter feed; joined Eating The Food group on Facebook (I highly recommend!); follow as many body-positive boards, blogs, etc I can find. Undoing 30+ years of thought patterns takes time, work and patience. There are going to be bad days or weeks, that's part of the process too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, this is a genuis comment! I think I will use it as inspiration for a post about all the thing I do to combat negative body image. Thanks for the support and ideas!

    ReplyDelete