BodyLove through fashion, self-acceptance, fat-acceptance, anything and everything acceptance!

Monday, October 28, 2013

Faux Leather

Last weekend I was in Pittsburgh visiting my family. It is a bit colder up there than here in Virginia, so I got to break out my favorite fall jacket. It looks leather, but it is not. I would love a real leather jacket, but I have found them to be way out of my price range. Especially if you want to get something a little trendy - I can't be spending $200+ on something I won't love forever.

I found this gem at Traget last spring, it was end of season, so on sale. Oringally $40, I got it for $15! Here it is paired with a pair of black skinnies, wedge sneakers, and chevron top - all from ModCloth.com. The top is a bit oversized (ModCloth is still working on consistent sizing in it ever-growing plus section). It had a chest pocket, but with it being so big, the chest pocekt ended up halfway down my body - so I just used a little seam ripper and took the pocket off. Now it is a blissful tunic/tent.

I like the look better with the jacket zipped up, but wanted you to be able to see the shirt below.


2 comments:

  1. Looking good as usual! Sorry I put your blog through a tough time by hoarding your camera. :(

    ReplyDelete