BodyLove through fashion, self-acceptance, fat-acceptance, anything and everything acceptance!

Friday, July 26, 2013

Double date

The hubbs and I went out to dinner last night with our friends Brandy and Charlie. Brandy is a professional photographer (check her out at Modern Toile) and she helped us create a wedding album and get some prints made - we should be getting our hands on them soon! As a thank you, and for fun, we wanted to take them out to dinner. We went to Vermillion in Old Town, YUM.

I got this black dress below in four colors from Lands End. Its a cotton jersey, pretty much like a tshirt. It's a classic cut for me - fitted at the bust, empire waist, flows out. I do most of my shopping online and when I see a dress with this type of cut, I know it will look good before I even try it on. This black one I dressed up with a belt from Forever 21+ and my ever-present black, peep-toe ModCloth flats. I swear I have other shoes. Oh, and the clutch is made of cork and is from ModCloth a few years ago.


3 comments:

  1. I have this same dress in a print! It's like wearing pajamas, I love it. I'm thinking of buying it in other colors.

    Gabi Gregg was interviewed on Q, a CBC radio show (Canada) about fatkinis. I thought you'd want to listen- the part where she talks is at about the one hour mark: http://www.cbc.ca/q/2013/07/24/wednesday-1/

    I thought her point about society thinking of being fat as a 'temporary condition' was super interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I went ahead and ordered that dress in black. We can be twinsies the next time we're together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like a supermodel in that black dress and gold belt.

    ReplyDelete