BodyLove through fashion, self-acceptance, fat-acceptance, anything and everything acceptance!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Put down the damn towel!

So my friends and I (hubbs had to work) went to Ocean City, MD for the weekend and it was glorious - day of beaching followed by a night at Seacrets - Ocean City's classiest nightclub. When I went back to look at the pictures we had taken, all I could see what that blue towel I had grabbed, out of habit, to cover up with for the photo. It is so distracting and deprives all of you a fantastic view of my strong, dimpled, thunder thighs (I mean, if given the choice who wouldn't want to make thunder!? It's pretty much like I am Zeus.)


 
 
 
 
 
 
I recently started following an awesome Chicana feminist on Tumblr - The BIG Girl Code - who posted some gorg photos of her in a bathing suit - color me inspired!
 
 
The hubbs and I are finally going on a honeymoon to the Dominican Republic (one year later) so you can anticipate some cover-up free photos!


6 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful! You look glorious on that beach. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things.....
    1. I remember a conversation we had on that beach the last time we were there about bodies and body diversity and how for the first time, you have been seeing bodies for what they are: strong, different bodies that carry us places, allow us to live, move around, etc and not as bodies that are compared to what they 'should' look like. Last night, in the line at DGM, I kind of had that moment, like, look at all these different people in line with different bodies and of course they have different bodies, we are humans, not cylons.
    2.That is a good picture of Jason bc he is smiling with his mouth open and doesn't look drunk or half asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sus! Body diversity is great and what is REAL. Not everyone speaks the same language, has the same skin color, likes the same things, so why should we all aspire to look ONE way. Celebrate your body - its the fantastic vessel that lets you dance, rub backs, tell jokes, fart, and just be awesome.

      Delete
  3. Found you via FatBitcheCourse and I'm in love with your blog! You are so gorgeous! I'm definitely a new follower! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I am thrilled you will be checking here :) I am on vacation now, but expect some new posts on Thursday!

      Delete