BodyLove through fashion, self-acceptance, fat-acceptance, anything and everything acceptance!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Fat and Sexy

My friend Lynne is getting married and last weekend was her bachelorette party - what better time to wear a tight dress?! This was a liiiiittle outside of my comfort zone for a night at the bars, but after a lil' self pep-talk and a tumbler of champagne, I just went for it. Plus, everyone else was wering fun, tight, sexy dresses and I didn't want to be in another cotton, black A-line number that I wear to the grocery store. Honestly, dressing overtly sexual as a fat woman can invite heckling or unwanted comments about your size, but I am trying not to let fear of how others perceive me determine my life. This dress is from Lane Bryant a while back.


9 comments:

  1. It is hard to dress outside of your comfort zone - I personally do it rarely. I think you're amazing for going for it and the result was amazing as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, I am trying! Plus I had to go all out for your day :)

      Delete
  2. FANTASTIC color!! And I love the little peplum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sista, you look HOT! Don't worry about what anyone says. I freaking love that dress!

    ReplyDelete